Monday, August 6, 2012

Mad "sleep anywhere" skills!

I wish she HAD "mad, sleep anywhere skills".  The girl is definitely an excellent sleeper however! Two, two hour naps and sleeps through the night!!  What else could you want ask for??  :)

In attempt to prepare for our upcoming AZ cabin vacation, I want her to practice sleeping in her "play-yard". (They're not called playpens anymore. We dont put our children in "pens") :)

Normally she sleeps in her crib like a champ!! But to practice " sleep anywhere skills", I switched it up and put her in her playyard to sleep. So far so good!! She still has access to countless numbers of socks, and was able to drift off into a nice sleep with her white noise. Those things can always stay the same. I just want her to get used to a different bed and/or room. Maybe her next nap will be in the guest room :)


If you look closely, beyond the crib, right in front of the door, is her play"yard" (I think playyard is a really dumb word. What else can I call that thing??) She is in that sleeping right now! So I think I"ll move rooms next. 

...............UPDATE.........

It was a success! Hour 45 min nap :)
Maybe that was to easy. I'll have to try a different room....OR my sisters house!! :-D

1 comment:

Lisamarie said...

You can just call it what it is - a playpen. Or maybe a "pack and play"? Bring it to my house next after the guest bedroom!!

FYI: I will totally attach my child to a child leash if he/she is unable to listen and stay close.